Photo

[Suggestion] More features that encourage team interaction.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bhendo

Bhendo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Team:Aesop
  • World:UK1

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

I think having more team interaction can be the saving grace of a team that is starting out and having to compete with the much older teams.My theory is that if you like the atmosphere and the members of your team you're less likely to leave. Team interaction can also produce more tight-knit teams and also encourage more activity from its members. Here are a few features that have not already been mentioned that can encourage this:

1) The ability to write on a team-mate's hero page like a year book. There is negative space on it to accommodate written text. You can set it so that only members can do so, or particular people, or the public. You will be notified if someone writes on your hero page so you can choose to ignore or approve it. The person's name will be written under the comment. Font, size, text color, and emoticons can give comments a personal touch.

2) Be able to give team mates a helping hand with energy. A member can opt to request energy from members. A good way to do this is to limit the amount of energy you can request and the number of times you can do so a day. Also if a team-mate opts to give a member energy half of the requested energy should be taken from him/her. It's a work in progress but requesting favors in general from your team mates would foster team work.

3) Have team achievements. Like 15 people on at the same time would give donuts to the team pot. Or 10 people active for more than 4 hours in one day would give even more donuts to the pot. Or coins. The possibilities are endless.

4) A team mini-game. Say a few of the members have run out of energy. They can play mini-games with each other in the team page that contribute to the team pot of donuts and coins. Maybe arcade games or puzzle ones. Or maybe a game played in team chat. Of course there should be a limit per day to how much loot can be earned from these mini-games to prevent it from being exploited.

That's all I have for now. I will add more if I think of any. Posted Image

#2 Chip

Chip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAltenbuch, BY, Germany
  • Team:RomanianPride
  • Character:CiprianRO

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

So, now I will post my opinion of what did you wrote.
1. Something like that, hem....not bad idea, but Yearbooks are made for high-school and stuff, In Hero Zero Game you are like on the street, that's why you have an Mail on the Top left corner of the game. It's like the Postman, "We have Mail for you!".

2.You can refill your energy 4 times a day, So this enough, because there are players who can makes 10 Heroes(for example), then make a team with this Heroes and send him energy everyday, so he grow his Hero fast and that go to a strong team just because he has a good Level.

3.Again, he can make 15 heroes, then a team with all and go online with all of them. There are enough browsers.

4.The game is an action, and normally all heroes are in Missions, or the training or at work, so the game will be blocked. And for this, yesterday was made a post from another member about a Lottery. I think this a better idea that this.

This is just my opinion.
Posted Image
Music is my religion!
Friends ✔ a Guitar ✔ = Perfect Evening ♫♫♫♫
Click to see some cool Tattos

#3 Capernicus

Capernicus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Team:Earth Federation
  • Character:Capernicus

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

I agree with chip about the yearbook; it just would be out of place and besides I think we can do that stuff with the forum profiles.

As for the teamwork in missions I don't think players should be able to send energy although I do think that it would be cool for teammates to lessen the amount of work you have to do for you. Here is how I think it should work; when you start a mission you are prompted to ask for help. Depending on the mission you will be able to be able to send x amount of requests to any online teammates. As long as your teammates remain online during your mission it will cost one less energy for each person helping. Obviously some missions you shouldn't be able to ask for help on; for example, fight missions, and short missions which cost 3-4 energy(50% boost). I think that missions could be divided into tiers based on how much energy they cost and depending on how much energy the number of people you can ask to help you scales to those tiers.

Tier - energy(50% boost) - # of players you could ask for help

Tier 1 - 0-4 energy - 0 help
Tier 2 - 5-6 energy - 1 teammate
Tier 3 - 7-8 energy - 2 teammates
Tier 4 - 9-10 energy - 3 teammates
Tier 5 - 11-12 energy - 4 teammates

So at most you would be able to cut out 4 energy if you had 4 players online at the same time. Yes I know that it is still possible for people to take advantage of multiple profiles but they can do that to some extent anyway but overall the effect would be minimal because they would have to have to have multiple browsers running and plus they would also be spending far more time trying to cheat which in the long run it would be much more beneficial to join a decent team.

As for the team deeds, I don't think that anyone will make 15 accounts with how little payout the current deeds give, but I do think that it would give the team something to accomplish.

As for the mini-games, I would love a mini-game that could possibly be of some benefit to my hero. I don't think it should be significant but it would be something to do while you are waiting on a mission or the like. I would suggest something turn based because you would need to be able to leave the game at any time. I have suggested chess in the U.S. forum but I truthfully would like anything that is similar. Chip is right that the mini-game is an action, and that it would block you from doing work, missions, etc, but I think that work just doesn't bring in enough coins for me to care too much about it and I would gladly sit down and play a boardgame with a teammate or play some solo mini-game. Truthfully once I run out of energy I feel like game over, and find myself wishing there was a mini-game.

Posted ImageEarthPosted Image

Federation

#4 haidao0923

haidao0923

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

i think this is a good idea for minigame it cool i wanna play minigame to help guild

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users